Black boxes (1)
® © Hervé Schauer Consultants  - 142, rue de Rivoli - 75039 Paris Cedex 01
- Described as:
- Pre-configured, or self-configured
- Systems needing little or no user
input or supervision,
- Stand-alone systems,
- Apparently complete systems.
- But usually are:
- Very incomplete systems,
- Black boxes which only act as
IP filtering whith no user security
- Black boxes which need an additional
router in front of them.
- Black boxes are usually only a
component which must be integrated into a more complete solution.
- They always impose:
- Some kind of supervision,
- A trained administrator.
Tél. : 01 41 40 97 00 / From Abroad: +33 141 40 97 00 - firstname.lastname@example.org